Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The lights are off...and I'm home

The power went out for about a half an hour.  I am so addicted to television that I actually hooked up my Pinnacle HDTV tuner to my Dell to watch halting motion of Dave and Lois on Channel 3 news.  Fortunately, everything is back up and running.  Lights can go on, tv's can glow, I can charge this macbook....  You don't realize how dependent you are on electricity till it's gone.  I hope it doesn't go out again.  It was the fault of downed wires according to the PG&E power outage phone line, and it's still windy, so it may happen again!  By the way, I think non-corded phones should be able to function during a power outage.  That's why I still have my corded Conair slimline phone from 1990 in my room.  Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment