Friday, August 28, 2009

"Ookiku Furikabutte"


"Ookiku Furikabutte" AKA "Big Windup!" AKA "Oofuri" is a great sports anime about a new boys' high school baseball team made up completely of freshmen. It's mainly about the pitcher, Ren Mihashi, and catcher, Takaya Abe. The pitcher Mihashi was bullied on his junior high baseball team and has really low self-esteem. Abe sees the potential in Mihashi encourages him to become more confident as a pitcher and teammate. It's really nice to see the team learn to work together. And it made me appreciate how complicated baseball can be. I never knew there were so many types of pitches and plays and how much strategy each at bat involves. This is coming from someone who really doesn't like sports. The second and final game takes place over several episodes. If I hadn't been watching back to back, I don't think I could follow the show! That aside, this anime is a really nice, wholesome break from fantasy and violence.

1 comment:

  1. Awww but fantasy and violence is exciting ;p Heeheehee Thanks - I'm sure my boys will love it!

    ReplyDelete