Saturday, April 11, 2009

New anime I may get addicted to



First, I would like to say how I really want another season of "Skip Beat!." Just when Ren realizes his feelings for Kyoko the series ends. Kyoko really starts to "find herself" over the course of the show.

I have already tried several new shows courtesy of Veoh and crunchyroll. These are the ones I've liked so far. "007-Ghost" is action packed fantasy with plenty of bishounen and a hint of shounen-ai. "Ristorante Paradiso" looks like a good josei comedy romance. All the bishounen are older gentlemen with glasses, so it's different from the normal reverse harem show. "K-ON!" is a cute shoujo slice-of-life comedy about girls forming a rock band in high school. "Eden of the East" is incredibly well drawn and detailed. The first episode was set in Washington DC and the authenticity of the actual locations looks spot on. Also, the American characters actually sounded like Americans when they spoke English, so I give props for that! The mystery of the naked guy with no memory and his relationship to the kind college graduate girl he meets in front of the White House (of all places) is something I will try to continue to watch. Am I spending too much time watching streaming anime? Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment