Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Bokurano"


"Bokurano" has got to be one of the most depressing animes I have watched. And yet I was compelled to finish it. The haunting opening music "Uninstall" leads your way into a dream world where Japanese school children hold the fate of the world in their hands. They hold this fate and must confront their own deaths at the same time. Heavy stuff, man. It is all a bit ridiculous. It's very psychological and covers topics not expected like child abuse, suicide, and molestation. I was going to drop it after the second episode, but I found myself wanting to find out what happens. There are a million loose ends by the time you reach the 24th episode finale. But there is a sense of satisfaction too. War doesn't wait for you to grow up and calls you to duty even when you aren't ready. I think I'll watch "Skip Beat!" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment