Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Evangelion 2.22: You can (not) advance"


I bought the Blu-ray expecting great visuals... but the animation and details are beyond what I expected.  I think this will require multiple watchings to catch all the detail in each scene.  Some scenes are so detailed that I want to pause them because they flicker on the screen for a few moments before moving on.  The story does not disappoint.  Mari, the new Eva pilot, is thrown into the mix.  A new plot development involves Asuka.  Shinji seems to be more a more active person.  Gendo is still a cold jerk.  Frankly, the plot of the series and End of Evangleion DVDs is not very clear, at least to me.  The Rebuild of Evangelion movies are supposed to be more accessible.  I hope by the end of the fourth and final movie I will at least understand the Rebuild version of the story.  The dub version is very good.  Thumbs up for this movie and glorious HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment