Thursday, March 13, 2008

Two movie recommedations

3rd Blu-ray movie: "Becoming Jane." Didn't expect anything, maybe that's why I liked it so much. Anne Hathaway is actually pretty good playing English icon Jane Austen. Beautiful scenery, star-crossed love, period costumes, and English accents... all the ingredients of movies I like. I think I liked it more than the Keira Knightley "Pride and Prejudice."

2nd recommendation: "The Lady Vanishes" (1938) directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Starts out like an Altman movie with a lot of characters, turns into a better version of "Flightplan," and ends up being spy movie, mixed up with Nazi era menace. Michael Redgrave plays charming and heroic very well. Wonder why Margaret Lockwood, the heroine, didn't make anymore memorable movies (at least of those I know.) Just watched this on TCM my favorite channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment