Friday, November 27, 2009

"Keitai Sousakan 7"


I really didn't know what this show was about when I turned it on, except I knew cell phones were involved. I had no idea watching the first episode it had a walking, talking cell phone as a main character. Yes, I had stumbled onto a kids' show which I just discovered is a "toku" or "tokusatsu," i.e., a live-action effects show of the "Power Rangers" variety. I think it's a step up from "Power Rangers" though. So much production value is in the show, it's like watching a mini-CSI/NCIS (minus all the gore), and includes pretty good, close to movie-quality CGI. It's about a high school boy who gets involved with a high tech counter-internet-terrorist group, and buddies up with a transforming robot cellphone. Sure it's for the kiddies, but I have a feeling lots of adults enjoyed it while it aired in 2008 and 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment